Tel: +44 (0) 20 7927 9684
Tom is an experienced corporate lawyer with a particular focus on venture capital and technology investments and M&A.
“I work with investors, corporate clients, founders and entrepreneurs on a broad range of domestic and cross-border transactions from early stage investment through to exit. I also have a great deal of experience in M&A (buy and sell side), private equity, shareholder arrangements, joint ventures, reorganisations and general corporate advice.
Whether it’s an experienced VC fund or a founder team undergoing its first significant funding round, I help clients cut through the noise to focus on the issues that really matter to them. Having worked in-house, I understand the pressures teams face and the need for clear, commercial and pragmatic guidance.
I am constantly impressed and inspired by the quality of the businesses and management teams I encounter in the technology sector and feel fortunate to share the journey with them.”
Recent Experience +
- Index Ventures on its Series A and Series B investments into Dream Games, an online and mobile gaming company unicorn.*
- International technology company on its Series D investment into CMR Surgical, the surgical robotic specialist.*
- International technology company on its Series D investment into a virtual reality specialist.*
- International technology company on its Series B investment its investment into Oxbotica, the market-leading autonomous vehicle software company.*
- Bowers & Wilkins, the leading British-based designer and manufacturer of luxury home and automotive audio products, on its financial restructuring which led to a consensual sale to Sound United, a portfolio company of Charlesbank private equity.*
- OpenGate Capital on its acquisition of the Kongsberg digital cutting table business from Danaher Corporation.*
- Family office on its investment into a UK restaurant and food delivery business.*
- US private equity house on various transactions including management incentive arrangements and structuring aspects in relation to a significant cross-border bolt-on acquisition.*
- European private equity house on its investment into and management incentive arrangements in connection with a European medical devices business.*
- BlueGem Capital on the sale of Crafts Group Limited, comprising a portfolio of European needlecrafts brands, to Lion Capital.*
- Gi Group on the acquisition of Marks Sattin, a specialist financial recruitment business, from Bregal Capital.*
- Barings Private Equity on the acquisition of a residential development known as The Keel in Liverpool.*
*denotes work prior to joining Wiggin