Disruptive technologies are bringing radical change to the world of financial services. Our sector experience and strengths in technology, intellectual property and data enable us to bring substantial value to the fastest-moving Fintech businesses.
We work with clients including national high street banks, global payment solutions providers, leaders in international payroll solutions, providers of financial services comparison solutions, robo-advisory services, corporate intelligence and analytics businesses, developers of blockchain and cryptocurrency technologies, pioneers in algorithmic trading technologies, and insurance tech players.
We provide legal advice on all aspects of our clients’ growth and development in Europe and internationally – from financings, M&A and the establishment and operation of joint ventures, through to the development and deployment of new financial services technologies, and the acquisition and exploitation of intellectual property assets and data. We also have leading capabilities in data protection and privacy and cybersecurity breaches, enabling us to provide strategically valuable advice to our data-driven clients in the Fintech space.
Our recent work includes advising:
- one of the world’s largest payment services providers on regulatory matters in over 80 jurisdictions
- one of the world’s largest e-commerce platforms on the launch of cryptocurrency exchanges in Europe and internationally
- a leading developer of blockchain technologies on the launch of an innovative blockchain network and crypto-currency
- an online betting data and services company on corporate and IP matters, and on the development and commercialisation of its global web services platform
- a financial services information delivery business on its commercial arrangements with various international banking customers
- an award-winning insurance tech business on its commercial arrangements with global insurance companies, on a venture capital fund-raising, and on privacy matters
- a leading provider of SaaS solutions that drive straight-through processing for the insurance and financial services industry on numerous commercial and IP matters
- the world’s largest online ticket buying and selling marketplace on commercial payment processing matters
- an innovative robo-advisory business on commercial IP matters
- a SaaS provider of global benefits management software on strategic joint ventures, commercial contracts, technology licensing, and data protection matters