In the connected economy, data – particularly personal data – has become a core business asset. But just as its value has grown, so have the scope and complexity of the regulatory regimes that govern its use. In short, compliance failures can now be business-critical.
We work with some of the world’s best-known businesses, who consistently come to us to ensure their critical data assets are effectively managed, commercialised and protected. And we love high-tech, too, so we’re equally at home helping fast-growth, innovative companies operating at the intersection of technology and data, in areas including artificial intelligence, IoT and smart infrastructure, big data, adtech, analytics, and fintech.
We focus on the areas where our clients are most active, especially media and entertainment, broadcasting, publishing, telecoms, internet services, betting and gaming, software and mobile apps, financial services and retail. Our deep industry experience enables us to provide pragmatic, commercial support in complex areas where sector knowledge is a necessity, not a luxury.
Whatever the challenge you’re facing – or the opportunities you are looking to capitalise on – we can help.
Our clients come to us with the most challenging engagements on matters including:
- commercial data-driven transactions
- international data sharing and exploitation
- cyber security breach preparedness, management and response
- data mapping, compliance audits and training
- regulatory investigations
- data mining, profiling, automated decision-making and behavioural targeting
- contentious subject access, erasure and freedom of information requests
- social media and user-generated content involving personal data
- employee and worker privacy matters, including in relation to health tracking
- reputation management
- M&A and other strategic transactions involving the acquisition or sale of data assets