February 12, 2013
Wiggin, one of the UK’s leading media and technology law firms is pleased to announce it has joined the Legal Sector Alliance.
The Legal Sector Alliance is a body of law firms and organisations committed to working collaboratively to take action on climate change by reducing their carbon footprint and adopting environmentally sustainable practices.
John Banister, Wiggin CEO, comments: “We pride ourselves on being at the cutting edge of the sectors we operate in, and we do this by being the best we can be across every area of the firm – our environmental footprint is no exception. We have joined the Legal Sector Alliance because we know there is much more we can do to improve our performance in this area and we are committed to working with the rest of the Alliance to do so.”
Micael Johnstone, manager, Legal Sector Alliance, comments: “We are pleased to be able to welcome Wiggin into the Alliance. Tackling climate change and creating sustainable businesses should be priorities for organisations across all sectors, and this is what the Legal Sector Alliance is focused on. Wiggin’s choice to join demonstrates a responsible and proactive attitude to addressing these crucial issues and we look forward to working closely with them to achieve our goals.”
As members of the Alliance, Wiggin commits to:
- Measuring, managing and reducing the impact of it operations
- Working with external stakeholders to reduce its indirect impact
- Integrate awareness of climate change across its business
- Advising clients on the opportunities and obligations arising from and under climate change law
- Working collaboratively to engage in the public debate on climate change and to develop, apply and promote best practice across the sector
- Reporting on its progress and being accountable
- Adopting and pursuing a challenging emissions reduction target appropriate for its organisation and needs, achievement of which will deliver over stated time periods a meaningful and progressive reduction in our emissions.