Mark has experience in trade mark and design portfolio management in numerous sectors, including entertainment, cosmetics, fashion and general retail. Mark is particularly involved in trade mark brand clearance work and contentious trade mark matters at the UK Intellectual Property Office and EUIPO.
Prior to joining Wiggin Mark worked at Redd.
- Ordering and reviewing brand clearance results and creating reports highlighting third party marks of concern.
- Assisting in preparing and filing oppositions and cancellation actions, including gathering and drafting evidence, at the UK Intellectual Property Office and EUIPO.
- Filing and prosecution of UK, EU and International trade marks through to registration.
- Preparing pre-action cease and desist letters in relation to trade marks enforcement.
- Responding to UK, EU and WIPO examination objections and refusals.
- Assisting in trade mark specification amendments and trade mark withdrawals in order to fulfil conditions of settlement agreements.
- Assisting in trade mark and designs filing strategies and preparing cost estimates for filing programs.
- Setting up worldwide trade mark watching, reviewing any disclosed third party marks of potential concern/conflict and drafting advice to clients on chances of success in opposition.
- Using the WebTMS database for client portfolio management, including monitoring and meeting any procedural deadlines.
- Liaising regularly with the UK Intellectual Property Office, EUIPO and WIPO.