HomeInsightsThe Gambling Commission publishes guidance on host operating licences

Article by

The Gambling Commission has published its latest guidance on host operating licences, including information on eligibility  and the differences between a host and a gambling software licensee.

The host licence is intended for gambling software licensees that provide facilities for gambling only in circumstances in which it does not contract directly with any of the participants who use its facilities (ie facilities for gambling are only provided on a B2B basis). A separate host licence is required for the provision of facilities within each of the product categories (ie casino, bingo, betting). Eligibility requirements also stipulate that if a company provides facilities for peer-to-peer gaming (eg poker networks) then a casino (game host) licence will not be sufficient; for this, a licensee will require a remote casino operating licence.

The published guidance on the host operating licences can be found here.