+44 (0)20 7612 9612
March 15, 2021
The workplan sets out a road map for how Ofcom, the Competition and Markets Forum (CMA) and the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) will greatly increase the scope and scale of cooperation through the DRCF to strengthen their ties, pool expertise and resources, and work more closely together on online regulatory matters of mutual importance.
The workplan focuses on three priority areas:
- responding strategically to industry and technological developments;
- developing joined-up regulatory approaches; and
- building shared skills and capabilities.
The DRCF will update its workplan and report on progress in 12 months’ time.
In addition to this work, the DRCF says that it will also be taking steps to strengthen its wider stakeholder engagement and transparency, and to further develop the functioning of the DRCF to support its ambitions. This includes:
- building clarity through collective engagement; and
- developing the DRCF and its operational capabilities.
To access the workplan, click here.