Sean is a partner and head of the Content Distribution and Transmission group, with a particular focus on the creation, acquisition, licensing and distribution of content via television, online, mobile and other digital platforms. Sean’s many years of experience provides a deep, end-to-end understanding of the commercial, contractual and regulatory issues that confront clients in this sector. Sean is also a director and co-founder of two subscription video-on-demand European businesses and deals with all their content acquisition and platform/OTT regulatory and contractual requirements, as well as helping to formulate and develop their strategy.
- A number of broadcasters, including US Studios, on their long-term high-value DTH carriage agreements with Sky and other platforms in Europe for their portfolio of channels
- Multiplex Operators on their digital terrestrial infrastructure arrangements, including regulatory frequency changes
- Virgin Media on its carriage agreements for the Sky UK portfolio of channels
- AMC Networks on the launch of their recent drama channel in the UK
- Both broadcasters and distributors on long-term Movie, TV and VOD Output deals
- Broadcasters in Europe on their advertising sales agreements, arrangements and strategy
- Broadcasters and online services on acquisition of various sports rights, including Premier League
- A client on its recent Formula 1 Sponsorship arrangements
- EPG providers on regulatory licensing issues and successfully defending alleged breaches by Ofcom.