Ben is a partner in the Corporate group. He has a broad range of experience in advising media and technology companies across all aspects of their corporate legal requirements, including private and public M&A transactions, joint ventures, fundraisings and re-organisations. Ben has particular experience in advising on corporate deals in the betting and gaming sector where he works closely with Wiggin’s market leading regulatory gaming lawyers and regularly advises major operators and technology providers on M&A transactions and strategic investments as part of the waive of consolidation currently happening in the sector. In addition, Ben regularly advises on deals in the technology, publishing, TV and film sectors.
- Unibet on its acquisition of Stan James Online
- IGT on its recommended takeover of AIM-listed Probability Plc, a leading provider of mobile gaming and technology services by way of a court approved scheme of arrangement
- Thomsons Online Benefits (provider of the leading software for employee benefits administration) on its £100m secondary buy-out by US private equity house, ABRY Partners
- Pinewood Shepperton on the establishment of a £25m media investment fund with the Isle of Man Government
- Virgin Media in relation to various aspects of the disposal of its 50% stake in UKTV to Scripps Networks Interactive
- Bauer Media on the disposal of its Cocosa online fashion business to a Mohammed Al Fayed controlled vehicle