LONDON – Corporate lawyers at media, technology and IP firm Wiggin have advised Fable Pictures on its investment deal with Sony Pictures Television.
Fable Pictures is a UK film and television production company run by creative director Faye Ward, one of the producers of the critically-acclaimed feature film “Suffragette”, and managing director Eugenio Perez. Fable Pictures will focus on high-end drama series, which Sony Pictures Television will distribute around the globe. Its current project is the feature film “Stan and Ollie,” written by Jeff Pope and directed by Jon S. Baird, starring Steve Coogan and John C. Reilly. It is due to shoot later this year.
Wiggin Partner and co-head of the Corporate practice Michael Brader led the team who advised Fable Pictures on this deal. Brader has a market-leading practice in independent TV creations, mergers and acquisitions. His recent work includes advising:
- Endemol Shine on its investment in Lenny Henry’s Douglas Road Productions;
- Full Fat TV on the sale of a 25%-stake to FremantleMedia;
- Blast! Films on its sale to Sky;
- Neal Street Productions on its sale to All3Media;
- Mammoth Screen on its sale to ITV;
- Love Productions on the sale of a majority stake to Sky.