+44 (0)20 7612 9612
June 15, 2020
Alok Sharma, the Business Secretary, has announced five new “recovery roundtables” bringing together businesses, business representative groups and leading academics to consider measures to support economic recovery and ensure we have the right skills and opportunities in place for our workforce over the next 18 months.
Mr Sharma said that the working groups will also explore key domestic and global challenges to support a green and resilient recovery and to ensure the UK is at the forefront of new and emerging industries.
Focused on five key themes, each group will explore how business can work with the Government to deliver economic growth and jobs:
- the future of industry: how to accelerate business innovation and leverage private sector investment in research and development;
- green recovery: how to capture economic growth opportunities from the shift to net zero carbon emissions;
- backing new businesses: how to make the UK the best place in the world to start and scale a business;
- increasing opportunity: how to level up economic performance across the UK, including through skills and apprenticeships; and
- the UK open for business: how to win and retain more high value investment for the UK.
To read the Government’s press release in full, click here.