November 5, 2018
The Government designed the Internet of Things UK Programme in 2014/2015. Led by the Department of Digital, Culture, Media and Sport, alongside the Office for Life Sciences, Innovate UK and the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council, the programme provides an estimated £30 million of government funding between summer 2015 and summer 2018 to help advance UK development of the IoT for economic and social benefit.
Commissioned by the DCMS, the interim evaluation was carried out by SQW Limited and completed in June 2018.
This interim evaluation report looks at:
- early outputs and outcomes;
- management, governance and financial matters; and
- evaluation arrangements for projects within the programme.
These projects included:
- Cityverve, a smart city Internet of Things project in Manchester;
- two healthcare projects;
- the PETRAS Internet of Things Research Hub;
- accelerator schemes for small businesses; and
- work by the Digital Catapult and Future Cities Catapult
To access the interim evaluation report, click here.