Tel: +44 (0)20 7927 9697
Ben heads our corporate team and has over 20 years of experience advising media and technology companies on their deals.
“I have a broad range of experience advising on deals in the media and technology sectors. Typical transactions include M&A, shareholder arrangements and joint ventures, corporate venturing and venture capital and corporate re-organisations and restructurings.
I’m particularly focused on deals involving technology, betting and gaming, TV and publishing/events businesses, acting for leading companies, investors and entrepreneurs in these sectors. A lot of my work has a cross-border element.
Clients describe me as “pragmatic, commercial and highly competent” – working with Wiggin’s market-leading commercial and regulatory experts, I enjoy helping clients to cut through negotiations and get their deals done.”
The [Wiggin Corporate Team] is led by the tremendous Ben Whitelock who combines great intellect and knowledge of his field with pragmatism and a desire to help. Not above “rolling up his sleeves” to help out – a fantastic adviser to have on side.
Recent Experience +
- Evolution Gaming on its acquisitions of Big Time Gaming and DigiWheel
- Legendary Entertainment on the set up of independent production company Watford & Essex with Emma Frost and Matthew Graham
- CWC Group on the sale of various events to DMG Events
- Evolution Gaming on its acquisition of Ezugi
- Hiscox on various acquisitions and disposals and fintech investments
- Boat Rocker Media on its acquisition of FremantleMedia’s Kids and Family Entertainment TV division
- Stars Group (now Flutter Entertainment) on various gaming and technology-related acquisitions
- Milk VFX on an investment by the Business Growth Fund (BGF)
- Medisoft on its sale to Heidelberg Engineering
- InMotion Ventures on various mobility and transport technology investments
- Adtech company Adazzle on its sale to Comcast
- ZDF Enterprises on its investment into World Media Rights
- Kindred on its acquisition of Stan James Online
- Reed Exhibitions on the acquisition and disposal of various events businesses
- IGT on its recommended takeover of AIM-listed Probability Plc
- Thomsons Online Benefits on its secondary buy-out by ABRY Partners