Paul is a partner who specialises in commercial transactions and regulatory issues relating to the cross-over of technology and entertainment.
An early adopter of the Atari 2600, Paul has a particular focus on the computer games industry. He has extensive experience of the contractual and copyright issues relating to content licensing and distribution through new media platforms and applications, including digital distribution, streaming and web-based services.
Paul also advises on the regulatory issues relating to the creation and exploitation of digital entertainment products and services including age ratings, broadcast and telecom regulations, collecting society issues, data privacy, virtual currencies, e-commerce and betting and gaming regulations.
He advises a number of leading computer games publishers, studios and other organisations in the computer games industry.
- Advised a leading mobile games company on the acquisition of the business and assets of a mobile game
- Advised a games platform on a multi-country review of consumer law and games related issues
- Advised VCs and a bank with due diligence exercises in connection with financing games companies and projects
- Advised a leading games studio on a major console publishing and development project
- Advised a global games publisher on a variety of game ratings, consumer and privacy issues