David is a partner in the firm’s technology transactions group and head of the data protection practice. He specialises in working with technology, media, and IP-focused businesses and advises some of the world’s leading companies in these sectors. He has significant experience working with US and European companies on international business expansion and cross-border, multi-jurisdictional transactions and projects. He also has an established reputation as a trusted advisor to fast growth digital media, mobile technology and internet businesses. He is recommended by Legal 500 and recognised by Legal Who’s Who as a Global Leader in Data – Information Technology 2020, Data – Telecoms & Media 2020 and Data – Data Security 2020.
David is a mentor on a number of London’s leading accelerator programs, the founder of a network for CEOs and company founders, and an entrepreneur himself, having co-founded the social fitness technology company, Racefully. He has an MBA from Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine and is a fellow of the British American Project.
- Advising a US headquartered global media and entertainment company on the international roll-out of its direct-to-consumer offering in over 40 countries, including on consumer contracting, data privacy and audio-visual media regulatory matters
- Advising a UK PLC and one of Europe’s largest business and financial information companies on the commercial, intellectual property and data protection aspects of its acquisition of an international group of companies offering data intelligence solutions
- Advising one of the world’s largest e-commerce platforms on the launch of cryptocurrency exchanges in Europe and internationally
- Advising a national UK online service on all aspects of the development of its technology platform, on B2B and B2C contracting, and on data protection regulatory strategy and compliance, including in connection with its processing of special category data
- Advising one of the UK’s leading fast growth AI-enabled cybersecurity businesses on commercial, intellectual property and data protection matters
- Acting as outside counsel and providing strategic advice to numerous fast growth companies in connection with venture capital funding rounds and other strategic transactions