Our Tax group works exclusively for media businesses with an unrivalled, in-depth understanding of tax issues confronting the film, gaming, leisure and media industries. Our tax advice is both incisive and pragmatic.
Our expertise includes inward and outward investment to and from the UK. We also advise on all aspects of corporate tax advice, transactional and strategic planning including mergers and acquisitions, restructuring and venture capital.
The Tax group is also called upon to guide key players in the gaming industry, on a number of tax matters including VAT and gaming duty issues which can cripple the uninitiated "offshore" operators.
Our key clients include Bauer, Endemol, Marvel, MRC Studios and Twentieth Century Fox (including Fox Searchlight Pictures, Inc.) and Channel 4.
Our Tax group have specific expertise in:
- Mergers, acquisitions and takeovers (including vendor tax planning)
- Management participation (including CGT, entrepreneur's relief planning, employee incentivisation and share schemes)
- Joint ventures, partnerships and collective investment schemes
- De-mergers and restructurings
- Media and entertainment taxation
- Property transactions (including stamp duty land tax)
- Venture capital taxation - particularly debt financing and management's participation
- Value Added Tax
- Tax disputes (both third party and HMRC)
- Inward investment into the UK
- Cross-border investment from the UK